Golden November Month at a Glance:
November 12th- 30th
Just How Awesome Was The Battle of the Bands?
Battle of the Bands raises $4,000 for Compass and entertains more than 200 brewery goers.
CMEF’s inaugural Battle of the Bands is sure to be an annual tradition. Eight incredibly talented bands battled it out at Cannonball Creek Brewing on Saturday and the Blue Canyon Boys’ knee-slapping bluegrass earned them the Unicorn Trophy. 200+ parents, teachers and staff danced, laughed and, between beer sales and votes, kicked $4,000 into the Compass Montessori Education Foundation. If you have photos or videos from the event, please send them to Jeanine Mason at email@example.com. x
Fundraisers like these help supplement Compass’s annual budget with everything from teacher training to facility enhancements (like or fabulous new lockers) and classroom materials to sports teams.
Help us help you! Make a tax-deductible gift to CMEF on Colorado Gives Day (Dec. 5th) or before the end of the year. We have some significant projects to help cover in 2018 including the Wheat Ridge kitchen and Golden mobile classroom and we can’t do it without you!
Important Upcoming Dates
2017-18 yearbook-orders -advanced orders receive a discounted price
Just Your Level
Children’s House (Pre-K - Kindergarten)
Lower El (1st-3rd grade)
Upper El (4th-6th grade)
- 11/13 Hearing and Vision Testing KG-6th
- 11/13 - Topaz Room to Denver Botanic Gardens - 9:00 am - 2:30 pm Permission Slips Went Home
- 11/13-11/17 - Usborne Book Fair in Elementary Commons
- 11/14 Empowerment Information Night and Winter Trip Meeting for Golden Upper Elementary Students & Families 5:00 - 6:00 pm -
- 11/28 Garnet field trip to DPAC- Drums of the World Concert.
- 12/2 - The Montessori Model UN program will be selling crafts and providing the lunch at Winterfest this year
Farm School (7th-9th)
- Do you miss running already? WE DO! Coach T will offer a group run to the community starting Tuesday, November 6th from 3:30-4:30. Weather Permitting. Please meet at Tony Grampsas Park. 4471 Salvia St, Golden, CO 80403. HIIT Training with Coach Chris Scheiffer will start after Thanksgiving Break on Thursday, November 30th. It will be open to the community as well in the high school auditorium on Thursdays from 3:30-4:30pm.
- It is that time of year again to think about ways to help stop the spread colds, flus, and bugs in our environment. Ways to help minimize the germs being spread is to remind your children to wash their hands, cough into their elbow; do not share food, drinks, hats, gloves, etc… Thank you!
- The Montessori Model UN program will be selling crafts and providing the lunch at Winterfest this year. Please come and support our students and enjoy Winterfest.