Jeffco is implementing a new enrollment system to be used by all Jeffco schools for the 2019-20 school year
EnrollJeffco includes two new tools:
- School Finder
- A one-stop shop for families to compare their student’s District-assigned school to other Jeffco schools.
- Families will be able to search for Jeffco schools by school name, home address, and/or a guided search to match the needs of their student to specific schools.
- Families will see a comprehensive profile of every Jeffco school including programs available, location, bell times, grade levels, before/after school care, etc.
- School Finder will be accessed through the Jeffco public website, through schools’ websites, or directly via the web.
- School Finder will be rolled out in early December 2018.
Application and Enrollment System
- Families will use this new system to apply and enroll in all Jeffco schools.
- Families will use the system to confirm that their student will return to their current school in the 2019-20 school year.
- Families may use the system to submit choice enrollment applications and receive notifications online through this system.
- School level, paper-based choice enrollment processes at schools will be replaced by this online system.
- The current enrollment policies will be implemented systemically and consistently through this system.
- The Application/Enrollment System will be rolled out in January 2019.
Why is Jeffco implementing EnrollJeffco?
- EnrollJeffco will provide a more equitable enrollment process for all Jeffco students.
- The school selection, application, and enrollment processes will be more efficient and consistent across the District.
- Families can more easily navigate the enrollment process, including choice enrollment, thus reducing frustration and confusion.
What will be different for families:
- Enrollment for all Jeffco schools will be done online.
- To access the application and enrollment system, families must have an account in Jeffco Connect.
- The system will generate notifications from all Jeffco schools and families will receive them on the same day.
- Families can specify how they wish to be notified – email and/or text.
- Notifications from choice enrolled schools include invitations to enroll and waitlist notices.
- Families may only accept one enrollment offer at a time.
- Once an offer is accepted, all other offers will be declined, and the student is removed from schools’ enrollment lists.
- Students will remain on waitlists of the schools that did not send families offers to enroll.
- When a student moves to the top of the waitlist, families will receive an offer from that school if space is available.