Welcome to our Children's House Back to School Homepage!
At our Golden campus, there are two Children’s House classrooms Lapis Room (previously CH East) and Jade Room (previously CH West).Our Wheat Ridge campus has three Children's House classrooms, Forest Room, Mountain Room & Meadow Room (previously Prairie Room).
The Back to School information provided here is for ALL Children's House families on both campuses at Compass Montessori.
Whether you are a new or returning family, please read ALL information provided below.
- Visit Infinite Campus & Pay Fees - Log into Infinite Campus (IC). Check your contact information, emergency contacts and fees. (Please note: You can't pay fees until August 2nd, as that is the day Jeffco will open the portal for families.) For a step-by-step guide to navigating IC, click HERE. (This is very important, as we communicate with you using the contact information in IC!)
- Create/Update your Brightwheel account
- New Compass families will receive an email with an invitation to create a Brightwheel account. Brightwheel is the app we use to securely check students in and out of school.
- Returning Compass families should log into their app and do not need to create a new account. (Please note, the parent/guardian who enrolled their child through Jeffco will receive this email.)
- Parents and guardians are responsible for updating emergency contacts and approved pickup people - spouse, nanny, babysitter, grandparent, neighbor, etc - our staff cannot make these approved pick and emergency choices and changes for you.
- Complete all registration forms and documents directly in Brightwheel by Friday, August 11, 2023. Visit your BW account for the list of forms and documents to complete.
For step-by-step instructions on how to do this, visit our Brightwheel page on our website HERE.)
- Photo Opt OUT Form - You only need to complete our Compass Photo Opt Out Form 2023-24 if you DO NOT want your child in any photographs at school. Please complete it by August 18, 2023. If you give permission for them to be in photos to represent our school, no action is required.
- Order Hot Lunch for August & September - Hot Lunch begins August 28th. Order forms for the last week in August and all of September will open by August 11th, and will be due August 20, 2023. Click on Hot Lunch in the top right corner of our website to place your orders. Please plan to pack lunch until Aug 28th. (Each month, orders will be open on the 1st and due on the 10th (deadlines are strict so mark your calendars!)
- Review Hours of Operation - During the school year, Children's House doors open at 8:15 AM and school begins promptly at 8:30 AM. School ends at 3:00 PM, and all students must be picked up no later than 3:15 PM. (Unless you are registered for Before/After Care.) You can always double check these times in our Hours of Operation link in Contact Us. (bookmark this page!)
- Review Attendance & Tardy forms - If your student is absent or tardy, please complete the Attendance Form on our homepage or call with an explanation.
- Calendar - Check the school calendar on our website regularly! (Please note, our charter school calendar is not always exactly the same as Jeffco’s calendar, so always cross reference.)
- Family & Student Handbook - All parents must read and acknowledge the parent handbook each year. The handbook includes policies for attendance, hours, enrollment, fees, conferences, student support, trips, safety and more! It's a great place to look if you have questions throughout the school year. The 2023-24 handbook is pending board approval but you may review the 2022-23 Handbook for now.
- Med Forms (if applicable) -
- If your child has ANY medication which needs to be administered at school, please have your medical provider complete this Medical Agreement Form,. Colorado Allergy & Anaphylaxis Form and/or the Colorado Asthma Care Plan Form and return to the clinic aide with the medicine in its original container by the first day of school. Reach out to our clinic aides with questions. (Golden Campus: Serra Draper-Peckham at [email protected]; Wheat Ridge Campus: Lisa Krieg at [email protected])
First Days of School for Children’s House
*August 14th - Quick Teacher Intros for NEW students to Compass Children’s House are on August 14th. You will receive an email with your appointment assignment. (Returning 4-year olds and Kindergarten students do not attend school on August 14th.) Back to School Night in your child’s classroom on August 14th is for parents/guardians only, and all Compass Children’s House parents/guardians are invited and highly encouraged to attend.
**August 15th - On August 15th, all 4-year-olds & Kindergarteners attend school for a half day (pick up at 11:30) with a packed lunch. See chart above for complete list.
(Please note: We stagger our three-year old students into their classroom in small groups the first week of school, which helps ease them in with more one-on-one guidance from our teachers.) You should have received an email with your Quick Teacher Intro appointments, and first days for 3-year-olds. If you didn't get an email, email Amy Ball at [email protected] or Serra Draper at [email protected].
My child is a 3-year old, when is their first day of school?
We phase our three-year-olds into school the first week of school, so they get a quieter beginning, with more one-on-one attention from teachers for their first days. You should have received an email with your child’s first day assignment. It will either be August 16th, 17th or 18th. Once they’ve had their first day, they continue to come every day thereafter for full days.
What if my child does not turn 3 until after August 18th?
Your child will be able to attend school on or after their 3rd birthday. We will send the date via email.
How do I add an approved pick up on the Brightwheel App
Visit our Brightwheel page HERE for step by step instructions.
Does Compass require school supplies?
“Material Fees” are added to your Infinite Campus Parent Portal fees list, in lieu of school supplies. We do not require parents to purchase school supplies in addition to that fee. Some classrooms create additional wish lists and parents may participate voluntarily.
When do after school Enrichment classes, offered by outside vendors on campus start?
The week of August 28th. (Registration will be open the first week of school.)
What is after school Enrichment?
Enrichment classes are after school class opportunities beginning at 3:00 PM (usually one hour long) in six week sessions throughout the school year. Class examples include Art, Soccer, Music and more! Outside vendors come to our school to teach these classes, carry their own background checks and insurance and registration is completed directly to those vendors. We facilitate registration links for families, so watch our newsletter and website for Enrichment registration information the first week of school!
When does Before & After Care begin?
Wednesday, August 16th at both campuses. (Registration opens by August 1st.)
More information about Before & After Care for both campuses may be found HERE. (Before and After Care at the Wheat Ridge campus is already full. If you'd like to join the waitlist, complete the Before & After Care WAITLIST form for the Wheat Ridge Campus.)
What if my child goes to After Care, but I sign them up for an Enrichment class?
Your child will be taken to after care immediately following their enrichment class, and you may pick them up from there. No after care refunds will be issued for enrichment overlap.
What’s the difference between Before & After Care and Enrichment?
Before and After Care is a child care program for those who need to pick up their child later than, or drop off earlier than school hours. Enrichment is after school classes hosted by outside vendors, such as art, soccer and music. Enrichment classes usually last about one hour after school.
When does hot lunch begin?
August 28th, please pack a lunch until then. Watch for monthly menu orders throughout the school year. Order forms will open on the 1st and close on the 10th each month (with the exception of the first one - which will open by August 11th and will be due on August 20th for all of Aug & Sept hot lunch orders.)
What other opportunities are offered to get to know other families if we are new to the school?
- August 12th - Welcome Back Work Day 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM on both campuses (Come volunteer to spruce up our work spaces and meet other families! Don’t forget to log your volunteer hours HERE.)
- August 14th - Back to School Night for all of Children’s house at 5PM in person (Golden & WR campus) = parents & guardians only
- August 18th - Back to School Picnic 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM at Anderson Park, Wheat Ridge