- Enrollment - Upon accepting your spot at Compass through EnrollJeffco, you should have received an email from Jeffco OLR (Online Registration). Once you are enrolled, you can log into Infinite Campus (IC). IC is the district portal parents and guardians at all Jeffco schools use to share their contact information, emergency contacts, communication preferences and pay school fees.
- Visit Infinite Campus - Log into the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. (If you're having trouble with your log in, use PAM). Confirm that your contact information, phone number, email address, and emergency contacts are correct. Check out your Student Fees, and make sure you don't have outstanding fees. (Fees: Visit the IC Parent Portal and click on "More" in the left column. Then click on the "Student Fee Schedule" to see all fees.) Tip - Bookmark the page, this is where you go to pay school fees all year long.
- Upload Documents in IC - Upload your child's birth certificate, immunizations (or exemption), and proof of residency into InC.
- Create a Brightwheel account - You will receive an email with an invitation to create a Brightwheel account. (Please note, the parent/guardian who enrolled their child through Jeffco will receive this email.) Brightwheel is the platform we use to manage our Children's House documents and our daily sign in/out procedures at Compass Montessori. (Parents and guardians are responsible for updating emergency contacts and approved pickup people - nanny, babysitter, grandparent, neighbor, etc - our staff cannot make these approved pick and emergency choices and changes for you. For step-by-step instructions on how to do this, visit our Brightwheel page on our website HERE.)
- Complete all requested forms and documents in Brightwheel by Friday, August 12, 2022. All forms and documents will be completed in Brightwheel directly. See your BW account for the list of forms and documents to complete.
- Visit Infinite Campus- Log into the IC Parent Portal. (If you're having trouble with your log in, use PAM). Confirm that your contact information, phone number, email address, and emergency contacts are still correct. Check out your Student Fees, and make sure you don't have outstanding fees. (Fees: Visit the IC Parent Portal and click on "More" in the left column. Then click on the "Student Fee Schedule" to see all fees.) Bookmark the page, this is where you go to pay school fees all year long.
- Upload Documents in IC - All returning families must upload your child's immunizations (or exemptions), proof of residency and a birth certificate into IC this year. (ALL NEW AND RETURNING students must do this. We now need uploaded copies, so returning families should complete this step, even if they'd submitted these documents in the past.)
- Check your Brightwheel account - Log into Brightwheel. Make any necessary updates to your account. Confirm your contact information, emergency contacts and approved pickups. (Parents and guardians are responsible for updating emergency contacts and approved pickup people (nanny, babysitter, grandparent, neighbor, etc) Our staff cannot make these approved pick and emergency choices and changes for you.For step-by-step instructions on how to do this, visit our Brightwheel page on our website HERE.)
- Complete all requested forms and documents in Brightwheel by Friday, August 12, 2022. - All forms and documents will be completed in Brightwheel directly. See your BW account for the list of forms and documents to complete.
All Compass Children's House Families
- Hot Lunch - Sept Hot Lunch Order forms are open and due Sunday, August 21st! Click Hot Lunch in the right column to place your orders today! Hot lunch begins Sept 6th, and September orders will be due by August 21st. Please plan to pack a lunch the first two weeks of school.
- First Day of School - Quick Teacher Intros for new students are August 15th. On August 16th, 4-year-olds & Kindergarteners attend for a half day. See chart below for complete list. (Please note: We stagger our three-year old students into their classroom in small groups the first week of school, which helps ease them in with more one-on-one guidance from our teachers.) You should have received an email with your Quick Teacher Intro appointments, and first days for 3-year-olds. If you didn't get an email, email [email protected]
- Hours - For Children's House drop-off, doors open at 8:15 AM; school begins at 8:30 AM. For pick-up, schools ends at 3:00 PM, and all students must be picked up no later than 3:15 PM. (Unless you are registered for Before/After Care.)
- Infinite Campus Parent Portal - Please log into your IC Parent Portal, and check your family's contact information and emergency contacts regularly. Upload your child's birth certificate, proof of residency and immunizations. Please pay your school fees, due on the 1st and late on the 10th each month.
- Calendar - Check the school calendar on on our website regularly! (Please note, our charter school calendar is not always exactly the same as Jeffco’s calendar, so always cross reference.)
- Family Student Handbook - All parents must sign that they've read and acknowledge the parent handbook each year. The handbook includes policies for attendance, hours, enrollment, fees, conferences, student support, trips, safety and more! It's a great place to look if you have questions throughout the school year.
- Photo Opt OUT Form - You only need to complete THIS FORM if you DO NOT want your child in any photographs at school. Please complete it by August 15th. If you give permission for them to be in photos to represent our school, no action is required.
- Medical Forms - The General Health Appraisal Form is required annually for all new and returning Children's House students. See below for other medical forms.
My child is a 3-year old, when is their first day of school?
We phase our three-year-olds into school the first week of school, so they get a quieter beginning, with more one-on-one attention from teachers for their first days. You should have received an email with your child’s first day assignment. It will either be August 17th, 18th or 19th. Once they’ve had their first day, they continue to come every day thereafter for full days.
How do I add an approved pick up on the Brightwheel App
Does Compass require school supplies?
“Material Fees” are typically added to your Infinite Campus Parent Portal fees list, in lieu of school supplies. We do not require parents to purchase school supplies in addition to that fee. However, the 2022 - 2023 Materials Fee for our Children's House Programs have been paid by the Child Care Operations Stabilization Grant, and no material fee is required this year to allow for some financial relief for Children's House families. This is a ONE TIME grant, and will not be the case next year. Typically, the materials fee will be $175 or more.
When does after school Enrichment start?
The week of August 29th.
What is after school Enrichment?
Enrichment classes are after school class opportunities beginning at 3:00 PM (usually one hour) in six week sessions throughout the school year. Class examples include Art, Soccer, Music and more! Outside vendors come to our school to teach these classes, and registration is completed directly with those vendors, and is completely separate from our Compass staff. Watch our newsletter and website for Enrichment registration information the first week of school!
When does Before & After Care begin?
Wednesday, August 17th at both campuses.
Before & After Care at our Wheat Ridge campus is managed by Amy Ball ([email protected]), our Compass Children’s House Director. REGISTER HERE FOR WHEAT RIDGE BEFORE AND AFTER CARE.
Our Golden campus Before & After Care program is managed by an outside vendor, and you may read more about Kid SmART here.
What if my child goes to After Care, but I sign them up for an Enrichment class?
Your child will be taken to after care immediately following their enrichment class, and you may pick them up from there.
What’s the difference between Before & After Care and Enrichment?
Before and After Care is child care before and after school for parents who need to pick up their child later than, or drop off earlier than school hours. Enrichment is classes hosted by outside vendors, such as art, soccer and music. Enrichment classes usually last about one hour after school.
When does hot lunch begin?
Sept 6th, please pack a lunch until then.
Check out our Children's House Staff Below!