Elementary (1st - 6th)
Welcome to our Elementary Back to School Homepage!
As a reminder, our Elementary programs are divided into Lower Elementary, which includes 1st - 3rd grade & Upper Elementary, which includes 4th - 6th grade.
The Back to School information provided here is for all Elementary (1st - 6th) families on both campuses at Compass Montessori. Whether you are a new or returning family, please read ALL of the back to school information provided.
- Visit Infinite Campus (IC) & Pay Fees - Log into Infinite Campus (IC). Check your contact information, emergency contacts and fees. (Please note: You can't pay fees until August 2nd, as that is the day Jeffco will open the portal for families.) For a step-by-step guide to navigating IC, click HERE. (This is very important, as we communicate with you using the contact information in IC!)
- Blanket Permission Form - ALL students 1st - 12th grade must complete our 2023-24 Blanket Permission Form. ALL families 1st - 12th grade must complete this form, and choose their permission preferences no later than August 20, 2023.
- Photo Opt OUT Form - You only need to complete our Compass Photo Opt Out Form 2023-24 if you DO NOT want your child in any photographs at school. Please complete it by August 18, 2023. If you give permission for them to be in photos to represent our school, no action is required.
- Order Hot Lunch for August & September - Hot Lunch begins August 28th. Order forms will open by August 11th, and will be due August 20, 2023. Click on Hot Lunch in the top right corner of our website to place your orders after August 11th. Please plan to pack lunch until Aug 28th. (Each month throughout the school year, hot lunch order forms will be open on the 1st and due on the 10th (deadlines are strict so mark your calendars!)
- Review Hours of Operation - During the school year, Elementary drop-off begins at 8:00 AM and school begins promptly at 8:15 AM. School ends at 2:45 PM, and all students must be picked up no later than 3:00 PM. (Unless you are registered for Before/After Care.) You can always double check these times in our Hours of Operation link in Contact Us. (bookmark this page!)
- Review Attendance & Tardy forms - If your student is absent or tardy, please complete the Attendance Form on our homepage or call with an explanation. Forms here (bookmark this page!) - Golden Campus & Wheat Ridge Campus
- Calendar - Check the school calendar on our website regularly! (Please note, our charter school calendar is not always exactly the same as Jeffco’s calendar, so always cross reference.)
- Family & Student Handbook - All parents must read and acknowledge the parent handbook each year. The handbook includes policies for attendance, hours, enrollment, fees, conferences, student support, trips, safety and more! It's a great place to look if you have questions throughout the school year. The 2023-24 handbook is pending board approval but you may review the 2022-23 Handbook for now.
- Immunizations - Each year, every student must submit a copy of their Immunization records (or exemption documents). Please make sure our clinic aides have the most current immunization record at the beginning of each school year. It's always best to pull a fresh immunization record and give it to our clinic aides, just to be sure we have everything on record! (Submit to the clinic aides: Golden Campus: Serra Draper-Peckham at [email protected]; Wheat Ridge Campus: Lisa Krieg at [email protected])
- Athletics Physical - If your child plans to participate in athletics, they also need a sports physical on record prior to their team's first practice.
- Med Forms (if applicable) -
- If your child has ANY medication which needs to be administered at school, please have your medical provider complete this Medical Agreement Form,. Colorado Allergy & Anaphylaxis Form and/or the Colorado Asthma Care Plan Form and return to the clinic aide with the medicine in its original container by the first day of school. Reach out to our clinic aides with questions. (Golden Campus: Serra Draper-Peckham at [email protected]; Wheat Ridge Campus: Lisa Krieg at [email protected])
* Drop off begins at 8:00 AM; school begins at 8:15 AM & Pick up 11:15 AM; no later than 11:30 AM
** The LE Back to School Meeting is for Parents/Guardians only. Childcare is provided upon arrival for Compass students only (thanks to CMEF!) - all must be potty trained.
* Returning Students Drop off is 8:00 AM - 8:15 AM and pick up is 11:00 AM - 11:15 AM (Please pack a snack; they will not eat lunch at school)
** New to Compass & 4th graders Drop off 12:00 PM - 12:15 PM and pick up is 2:45 PM - 3:00 PM (Please feed them lunch before arriving)
Does Compass require school supplies?
“Material Fees” are typically added to your Infinite Campus Parent Portal fees list, in lieu of school supplies. We do not require parents to purchase school supplies in addition to that fee. Some classrooms create an additional wish list, and families may contribute to that voluntarily.
When does hot lunch begin?
August 28, 2023, please pack a lunch until then. Order forms will open by August 11, 2023, and will be due August 20th, 2023. Watch for monthly menu orders throughout the school year. Order forms will open on the 1st and close on the 10th each month (with the exception of the first one)
When do after school Enrichment classes, offered by outside vendors on campus start?
The week of August 28th. (Registration will be open the first week of school.)
What is after school Enrichment?
Enrichment classes are after school class opportunities beginning at 3:00 PM (usually one hour long) in six week sessions throughout the school year. Class examples include Art, Soccer, Music and more! Outside vendors come to our school to teach these classes, carry their own background checks and insurance and registration is completed directly to those vendors. We facilitate registration links for families, so watch our newsletter and website for Enrichment registration information the first week of school!
When does Before & After Care begin?
Wednesday, August 16th at both campuses. (Registration opens August 1st.)
More information about Before & After Care for both campuses may be found HERE. (Before and After Care at the Wheat Ridge campus is already full. If you'd like to join the waitlist, complete the Before & After Care WAITLIST form for the Wheat Ridge Campus.)
What if my child goes to After Care, but I sign them up for an Enrichment class?
Your child will be taken to after care immediately following their enrichment class, and you may pick them up from there. No after care refunds will be issued for enrichment overlap.
What’s the difference between Before & After Care and Enrichment?
Before and After Care is a child care program for those who need to pick up their child later than, or drop off earlier than school hours. Enrichment is after school classes hosted by outside vendors, such as art, soccer and music. Enrichment classes usually last about one hour after school.
Do we need to download the Brightwheel App?
Only if you have a Children’s House student and/or plan to use the Before/After Care program at the Wheat Ridge Campus.