Farm School (7th - 9th grade)
Welcome to our Farm School Back to School Hub!
As a reminder, our Farm School programs include all 7th, 8th and 9th grade students. Whether you are a new or returning family, please read ALL of the back to school information provided. View the back to school video here.
- Visit Infinite Campus (IC) & Pay Fees - Log into Infinite Campus (IC). Check your contact information, emergency contacts and fees. (Please note: You can't pay fees until August 2nd, as that is the day Jeffco will open the portal for families.) For a step-by-step guide to navigating IC, click HERE. (This is very important, as we communicate with you using the contact information in IC!)
- Complete the 2023-24 Blanket Permission Form - As a reminder, the annual blanket permission form helps expedite planning and execution of day trips, going outs planned by students and Self Expressions. ALL families 1st - 12th grade must complete this form, and choose their permission preferences no later than August 20, 2023.
- Photo Opt OUT Form - You only need to complete our Compass Photo Opt Out Form 2023-24 if you DO NOT want your child in any photographs at school. Please complete it by August 18, 2023. If you give permission for them to be in photos to represent our school, no action is required.
- Order Hot Lunch for August & September - Hot Lunch begins August 28th. Order forms will open by August 11th, and will be due August 20, 2023. Click on Hot Lunch in the top right corner of our website to place your orders after August 11th. Please plan to pack lunch until Aug 28th. (Each month throughout the school year, hot lunch order forms will be open on the 1st and due on the 10th (deadlines are strict so mark your calendars!)
- Review Hours of Operation - During the school year, Farm School drop off begins at 7:45 AM and school begins promptly at 8:00 AM. School ends at 3:00 PM, and all students must be picked up no later than 3:15 PM. You can always double check these times in our Hours of Operation link in Contact Us. (bookmark this page!)
- Review Attendance & Tardy forms - If your student is absent or tardy, please complete the Attendance Form on our homepage or call with an explanation.
- Calendar - Check the school calendar on our website regularly! (Please note, our charter school calendar is not always exactly the same as Jeffco’s calendar, so always cross reference.)
- Family & Student Handbook - All parents must read and acknowledge the parent handbook each year. The handbook includes policies for attendance, hours, enrollment, fees, conferences, student support, trips, safety and more! It's a great place to look if you have questions throughout the school year. The 2023-24 handbook is pending board approval but you may review the 2022-23 Handbook for now.
- Immunizations - Each year, every student must submit a copy of their Immunization records (or exemption documents). Please make sure our clinic aides have the most current immunization record at the beginning of each school year. It's always best to pull a fresh immunization record and give it to our clinic aides, just to be sure we have everything on record! (Submit to the clinic aides: Golden Campus: Serra Draper-Peckham at [email protected]; Wheat Ridge Campus: Lisa Krieg at [email protected])
- Athletics Physical - If your child plans to participate in athletics, they also need a sports physical on record prior to their team's first practice.
- Med Forms (if applicable) -
- If your child has ANY medication which needs to be administered at school, please have your medical provider complete this Medical Agreement Form,. Colorado Allergy & Anaphylaxis Form and/or the Colorado Asthma Care Plan Form and return to the clinic aide with the medicine in its original container by the first day of school. Reach out to our clinic aides with questions. (Golden Campus: Serra Draper-Peckham at [email protected]; Wheat Ridge Campus: Lisa Krieg at [email protected])
First Days of School for Farm School (7th - 9th)
*Drop off begins at 7:45 AM; school begins at 8:00 AM Pick up 11:15 AM; no later than 11:30 AM.
Farm School (7th - 9th) Fall Overnight Trip - August 30th - September 1st, 2023 is the first overnight trip for all 7th - 9th grade students. The Farm School guides (teachers) will go over everything about the trip at the end of the Back to School Meeting on Weds, August 16, 2023 at 6:00 PM on Zoom.