Pick-Up & Drop-Off Times - Golden & Wheat Ridge campus
WELCOME BACK TO CAR LINE! Car line is everyone’s favorite part of the day. (Just kidding!) Please remember Compass Montessori is a peaceful community fostering grace and courtesy, and each parent and staff member are setting appropriate examples for our students at school, including in our car line. Please remember children are present and watching you. Disrespectful and unsafe behavior will not be tolerated.
NOTICE: You have been assigned a Car Line group (see above) and you will receive a Dashboard Sign to display on your dashboard each day at pick-up. (Not necessary at drop-off). If you have multiple children to pick up, you will display the Dashboard Sign for your youngest child. (Older siblings are brought to their younger siblings for pick up.)
General Car Line Procedures: 2022 - 2023
- Be patient - Some days the car line moves slowly. Car line is not the time to be in a hurry. .
- Dashboard Sign - Your Dashboard Sign must be visible when picking up your child.
- Remain in your car - Please stay in your car. Our staff will help your child in/out if necessary.
- Exit on the Passenger Side Only - Do not let your children out on the driver side of the car.
- Park and Walk - If you wish to walk your child to the front door, please find a secure parking spot. Do not get out of your car in the active car line.
- No Cell Phones in Car Line - Please refrain from using your cell phone in car line.
- Seat Belts - The staff legally cannot buckle your child. We will not be responsible for buckling and unbuckling your child’s seat belts. Pull forward or move into the parking lot to secure your child.
- No Walking Between Cars - It’s unsafe to walk between cars. Please don’t drop off or pick up in the back of the car line. Children should NOT be weaving through cars to enter the building or your car. (This includes older adolescent children. They must wait in the circle to be picked up; please remind them of this rule.
- Do Not Cut in Line - Although you can pull around other stopped cars once you’ve dropped off your child, please don’t cut in line and park ahead of other cars in the car line.
- Respect Our Neighbors - Follow the traffic laws and be kind to our neighbors.
- Pull Up - Pull all the way up to the car in front of you.
- Alerts for Inclement Weather - Watch your phone and our website homepage for alerts.
- Multiple Children - If you are picking up multiple children in more than one grade level please arrive at the pick-up window for the LATEST pick-up window (youngest child.).
- Don’t Arrive Early - Please do NOT arrive early and wait in the car line before your child’s release time from school. You are either in Car Line 1 or Car Line 2, please only arrive in the drop-off and pick-up window assigned to your child. If you must arrive earlier, please park. If you park in the car line, you’ll be asked to move to the parking lot until your pick up window.
- Brightwheel - Only Children’s House students need to sign in at drop-off via Brightwheel. Staff will provide the QR code to expedite this sign in/out process.
- Be on Time - All students should be picked up on time. If you’re late, your child will be sent to after care, and you will be charged an after care fee.
- 5 miles per hour - Yep, that’s the speed limit in our car line and parking lots. Please follow this rule and help us keep our students safe.
Golden Pick-Up & Drop-Off Details
- NO LEFT TURN - Under no circumstances should you make a left turn into the traffic circle at the Golden campus during drop off or pick up times. Even when you are tempted or in a hurry. Please don’t do it.
- Don’t park in the staff parking lot - ONLY staff should use the North Parking Lot by the High School. High School students should park in the main parking lot.
- Bike Drop Off - If you are unloading a bike, please park in the parking lot to do so.
- Do Not Drive on the Farm Road - Please don’t drive on the farm road up to the farm.
- Do Not Drop Off in the Inner Circle - In the round-about, please only drop off along the curb on the passenger side of the car. You may go around other cars once your child has unloaded, using the circle but dropping off inside the circle is unsafe.
- Be On Time - All students should be picked up on time. All secondary students (7th - 12th) must be picked up by the end of the school day.
- Due to safety concerns, all secondary students must leave the Golden campus at these scheduled times - unless prior arrangements have been made with guides, advisors, and/or program directors for school-sponsored opportunities or for school-related work. We do not provide supervision after school.
Wheat Ridge Drop-Off and Pick-Up Details
- No Left Turn- Do not turn left out of the parking lot onto Miller Street (it’s tempting, we know!). Please don’t do it!
- Drop Off - All Upper Elementary & Children's House families should drop off in the Front Lot and enter through the Front door of the building. All Lower Elementary will drop off at the West pull-through and enter in the West door.
- Car Line ONE or Car Line TWO at Pick-Up - You are either in Car Line 1 (2:45 PM - 3:00 PM) or Car Line 2 (3:00 PM - 3:15 PM). Please don’t arrive early or you’ll be asked to park on the street and wait until your car line begins.
Wheat Ridge Pick-Up Assignments (all levels drop off in the Front Lot in the mornings)
Car Line Traffic Pattern 2021-2022 (Wheat Ridge Campus)