2023- 24 CAR LINE GUIDELINES
- Be patient - Car lines take as long as they take, and we ask parents to remain patient. There will be days when it’s swift and surprisingly quick, and there will be days when children need extra time and it will seem to be taking forever. Prepare for the latter and then we’ll all be pleasantly surprised together.
- Dashboard Sign - ONLY our Children’s House families will use a dashboard sign this year. All others, please follow your pick up and drop off times and do not arrive early.
- Multiple Children - If you are picking up multiple children in more than one grade level please arrive at the pick-up window for the LATEST pick-up window (youngest child.).
- No Pets - Please don’t bring your pets during drop off and pick up. Staff are often assisting students with loading and unloading, and it’s often unsafe when pets are in the car. Additionally, no pets on campus is a district rule we are following.
- No kids hanging out of cars - All children should be securely seated and buckled in your car when traveling through the car line. No one should be hanging out of sunroofs, windows or otherwise.
- Don’t be in a hurry - This is not the time to be in a hurry. Please plan accordingly when coordinating drop off and pick up times.
- Remain in your car - Please stay in your car. Our staff will help your child in/out if necessary.
- Exit on the Passenger Side Only - Do not let your children out on the driver side of the car at either campus.
- Park and Walk - If you wish to walk your child to the front door, please find a secure parking spot. Do not get out of your car in the active car line.
- No Cell Phones in the Car Line - Please hold your calls until after car line.
- Seat Belts - The staff cannot legally buckle your child for you. Pull forward or move into the parking lot to secure your child if they cannot do it themselves.
- No Walking Between Cars - It’s unsafe to walk between cars. Please don’t drop off or pick up in the back of the car line. Children should NOT be weaving through cars to enter the building or your car. (This includes older adolescent children.) They must wait to be picked up; please remind them of this rule.
- Do Not Cut in Line - Although you can pull around other stopped cars once you’ve dropped off your child, please don’t cut in line and park ahead of other cars in the car line.
- Respect Our Neighbors - Follow the traffic laws and be kind to our neighbors.
- Pull ALL THE WAY Up - Pull all the way up to the car in front of you. If you see your child, please do not stop and let them jump it before pulling all the way up.
- Alerts for Inclement Weather - Watch your phone and our website alerts.
- Don’t Arrive Early - Please do NOT arrive early and wait in the car line before your child’s release time from school. This causes a huge back-up and delays the whole thing. If you must arrive earlier, please park.
- Brightwheel - Only Children’s House use the Brightwheel app for signing in/out.
- Be on Time - All students should be dropped off on time, and picked up on time. If you’re late, your child will be sent to after care, and you will be charged an after care fee. (Secondary students will be waiting for you outside.)
- 5 miles per hour - Yep, that’s the speed limit in our car line and parking lots. Please follow this rule and help us keep our students safe.
Compass Montessori is a peaceful community fostering grace and courtesy. Each parent and staff member are setting appropriate examples for our students at school, including in our car line.
Disrespectful and unsafe behavior will not be tolerated and our security officer will be notified if necessary.
Golden Pick-Up & Drop-Off Details
- NO LEFT TURN - Under no circumstances should you make a left turn into the traffic circle at the Golden campus during drop off or pick up times. We know it’s tempting, but please do not do it. Drive straight past the traffic circle entrance toward the park. Then circle the tree, then you may take a right into the main entrance for pick up.
- Don’t park in the staff parking lot - ONLY staff should use the North Parking Lot by the High School. High School students park in the main parking lot.
- Bike Drop Off - If you are unloading a bike, please park in the parking lot to unload (not the car line).
- Do Not Drive on the Farm Road - Please don’t drive on the farm road.
- Passenger Side Only- In the round-about, please only drop off along the curb on the passenger side of the car. You may go around other cars to exit once your child has unloaded.
- Be On Time - All students should be picked up on time.
- Due to safety concerns, all secondary students must leave the Golden campus at these scheduled times - unless prior arrangements have been made with guides, advisors, and/or program directors for school-sponsored opportunities or for school work. We do not provide supervision after school, and it's the parent/guardian's responsibility to be on time for pick up.
Car Line Traffic Pattern 2023-2024 (Wheat Ridge Campus)
Wheat Ridge Drop-Off and Pick-Up Details
- No Left Turn- Do not turn left out of the parking lot onto Miller Street during drop off and pick up (it’s tempting, we know!). Please don’t do it!
- Morning Drop Off
Morning Wheat Ridge Car Line - ALL students will only enter through the front door of the building.All Children's House students will get dropped off in the main parking lot.Elementary (1st - 6th) families may either drop off on the west side OR in the main parking lot (choose the shortest line). Although, no elementary students will enter the west side doors this year (this is a change from last year). If you drop off your elementary student on the west side, please ask them to walk to the front door to enter the school building in the morning.