Compass Montessori is a unique public charter school educating Children's House (Pre-K) through High School on two campuses in Wheat Ridge & Golden, Colorado.
Our purpose is to guide students using authentic Montessori methods, foster interdependence, and nurture intrinsic motivation from within the whole child academically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially.
We aspire to be authentic, curious, intrinsically motivated, socially conscious, inclusive, respectful, connected to the natural world, ready to change the world and to be in community with one another.
If this feels like a good fit for you, we're always seeking qualified applicants and welcome your inquiry. Please feel free to browse job openings below, and/or send your cover letter and resume’ to Human Resources by mail or email:
Compass Montessori School
10399 West 44th Ave
Wheat Ridge, CO 80003
Job Openings Below
If you don't see an ideal fit for you below, please note that many of our full time teaching staff started at Compass as an assistant or para, and it can be a great way to get your foot in the door to one of the most prestigious public Montessori schools in the country.
SPECIAL EDUCATION ASSISTANT - CROSS CAMPUS (click arrow to expand)
SPECIAL EDUCATION ASSISTANT - CROSS CAMPUS
This is a full-time role designed to support the cross-campus Compass Montessori Special Education Team in implementing support and services for students served by Individualized Education Programs (IEPs). This staff member will:
- Support with IEP service and accommodation planning through collaboration with the special education and general education teachers, as well as other special services providers, as relevant
- Collaborate in real-time (during and after instruction) with general education guides to support in providing accommodations with students’ IEPs and Section 504 plans
- Deliver specialized instruction, support, and intervention as designed by the special education guide, particularly in the area of executive functioning, to support students’ work completion and independent access to their classroom curriculum
- Assist with monitoring student progress toward IEP goals, under the direction of the special education teacher and special services providers, as appropriate
- Assist with preparing accommodated materials for students to access lessons for their IEPs.
- Work in a one-on-one or in a small group setting directly with students with individualized plans to support their goals
- Assist students in individual schedule planning and time management
- Assist students in locating materials to use during a lesson and for work/project completion
- Use accommodated teaching and learning materials that have been provided by the classroom or special education teachers
- Communicate with the special education teacher and with general education teachers about student strengths, needs, and progress while maintaining the confidentiality and a presumption of competence
- Create a positive, growth-oriented environment for students
- Be available to attend special education team meetings as an active participant, as requested
- Adhere to the norms, rules, regulations, and procedures of the Montessori environment and Compass community
Candidates for this position must have the ability to travel between both campuses. Must have a desire to work with elementary students (K - 6th)in a multi-age Montessori environment. Must be flexible, have strong communication skills and experience working with a professional, collaborative team.
Staff members in similar roles at Compass have found the following training helpful:
- Paraeducator 101
- C.P.R. training
- Executive functioning 101
- CPI - initial training
- Complex support needs 101
- Essentials of the para role 101
- FERPA training
- Methodology of Maria Montessori
- Orton Gillingham reading intervention training
Annual Salary: $25,000/year (+) plus benefits, which includes summer vacation, fall break, winter break, spring break and other school holidays and Jeffco district benefits. All staff may also partake in our daily farm-to-table hot lunch program at no charge.
SUMMER PROGRAM CLASSROOM ASSISTANT (click arrow to expand)
SUMMER PROGRAM CLASSROOM ASSISTANT
Full time position, Monday through Friday with 8-hour shifts in June & July 2023.
Qualifications - We are seeking an energetic, creative person to work with 3, 4, and 5 year olds in a Montessori summer program environment. The person selected for this position will be responsible for the general supervision and management of a group of 30 children with the support of two additional qualified co-workers.
This person must have a warm, friendly, patient personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, be able to relate well to children, and be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with Compass Montessori Summer Program philosophy. A summer program classroom assistant is responsible for reporting any concerns to the Director.
- Supervising the children and making their safety a top priority
- Assisting in the planning and preparing of the child care environment, setting up the environment, and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Supporting the general housekeeping tasks needed in the environment.
- Maintaining professional attitude and loyalty to the program at all times.
- Attending and completing all recommended training to meet employment requirements prior to their first day of employment.
- Maintain classroom ratios at all times in accordance with licensing requirements.
Required Skills and Abilities - Candidate should have the ability to react to and move quickly, lift, push and carry up to 40 lbs. Must be able to sit for up to 30 minutes and stand for one hour. Must get along with others, have patience and the ability to be flexible and adapt to schedule changes. Must display good time management, be perceptive and aware of al children inyour care, as well as be able to read stories to children.
Hourly Rate: $14.00 - $22.00/hour
Education Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience Requirements: One year of Child Care experience preferred & Group Leader Qualification Required
License/Certification Requirements: First Aid Certification, CPR Certification and Group Leader Qualification (Preferred)
APPLY - Email your questions, resume and interest in this position to Amy Ball at [email protected]
AFTER CARE ASSISTANT (click arrow to expand)
AFTER CARE ASSISTANT
This position is a part-time hourly position with about 15-20 hours per week when school is in session. Must be available to work between 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM Monday – Friday.
Duties include ensuring the safety and security of students and staff at all times, maintaining daily activities are on schedule, distributing supplies and snacks to students, and assisting the After Care Coordinator with other tasks with our aftercare students.
Hourly Rate: $14.00 - $18.00/hour (determined at time of hire) Includes Employee Assistance Program and Retirement Plan.
Education Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience Requirements: One year of Child Care experience preferredLicense/Certification Requirements: First Aid Certification, CPR Certification and Group Leader Qualification
PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER
PK-Elementary Physical Education Teacher
As a prospective physical education teacher in a Montessori School, you will be responsible for providing your students with maximum physical activity during the class period by effectively organizing the space, providing appropriate equipment, and planning lessons that are structured for maximum participation and learning while students are physically active. You will be expected to motivate your students to be active and to teach skills and activities that transfer into an active lifestyle.
Must be flexible and inventive in space (no Gymnasium in our facilities)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $34,000.00 - $42,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have a Physical Education Endorsement?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS (click arrow to expand)
Substitute Teachers choose their own hours upon teacher and staff requests. Subs are paid hourly, and needed for both our Golden and Wheat Ridge Campus for Pre-K through High School classrooms. All subs must complete a background check prior to employment. Email Amy Ball at [email protected] if you’re interested in being a sub.